Friday, June 24, 2011

Collection Red Model 08

I've been visiting Target almost weekly in an attempt to purchase this store exclusive. Barbie Basics Model No. 08 from Collection Red was finally in stock yesterday. Excited to find her, I grabbed the box, taking claim of "my doll" before inspecting the remaining stock. The other two models in this collection were plentiful - the blonde (more of her) and the brunette (fewer, but more than one of her). The one I purchased was the only Model 08 in stock.

I exhaled and contemplated purchasing the accessory pack, but left it behind as there are only a couple of pieces in the pack that interest me.

08's caramel complexion is complemented by her golden blonde curly 'fro.
Deboxing is definitely in order.

With her purchase, I have one down and two point oh! to go:

2011 Barbie Basics 2.0, that is:



Barbie Basics Collection 2.0, Model 08 and Model 17, the it's-about-time-Mattel-made-a-new-African-American-Ken-head sculpt!, are at the top of my wish list. They are scheduled for release late Fall 2010. Inhaling again...


No comments:

Post a Comment